INLAND WATERWAYS AUTHORITY OF INDIA
(Ministry of Shipping, Govt. of India)
Head Office : A-13, Sector-1, Noida (U.P.), Pin Code 201 301
Tel. : 0120-2544036, 2543982; Fax : 0120-2543973, 2544041
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org, Website : www.iwai.nic.in
SUGGESTED PROFORMA FOR DETAIL PROJECT PROPOSAL BY PRIVATE/PUBLIC SECTOR AGENCY FOR INVESTMENT IN IWT SECTOR AS JV/BOT PROJECT
The project proposal may incorporate the following in detail:-
- Background and Objectives
- The detailed background of the project to be taken up.
- The objectives of the project.
- General description of viability of IWT mode/ project and its perceived future prospect including -
- Status of IWT mode in the region where the project is to be taken up.
- Mention in detail the existing transport modes
- The future scope of development with connectivity to hinterland areas.
- Potential of cargo movement with basis, i.e., inquiries from prospective shippers, origin-destination survey for cargo potential etc.
- Feasibility of IWT mode in the reach, etc.
- Competition and present capacity
- The companies in similar business in the region.
- Their status of business.
- Their present capacity and scope of future expansion.
- Introduction of Firm/ Company
- Background of company
- Field of business
- The name, age and experience wise profile of the company promoters/ key personnel.
- Certified accounts for last 3-5 years in case of existing firms.
- Financial solvency of the firm/ individual.
- The proposal:
- Whether on Joint Venture of BOT basis.
- Details of the proposal.
- Steps of project development.
- Components of Project, investment required.
- How the investment is going to be financed (equity, loan etc).
- Basis of requirement of investment.
(the presentation may be in graphic form also)
- Marketing strategy of the company.
- Advance Steps taken by the company, if any, to secure cargo for the Project and details of the nature of cargo.
- Projection of cash flow :
- Year wise projected cash flow in detail with graphical presentation.
- Projected revenues to be generated in details- year wise.
- Details of Internal rate of return in percentage of total capital contribution / revenue.
- Detailed Report on Financial Feasibility of the Proposed Project. In this part the following should be discussed in detai l:-
· Project cost
· Source of Funds
- Year wise profitability and cash flow statement with items like gross income, variable cost, depreciation, interest and other overheads.
- Year wise direct income with type of cargo and their movement in terms.
- Year wise acquisition of fixed assets.
- Year wise proposed schedule of loan required for implementation of project with interest rate and repayment period in tabular form giving full details of the same.
- In case of Joint Venture Proposal the following aspects should be included :
- Profit sharing ratio between the Joint Venture partners.
- Management composition of the Joint Venture.
- Formalities for registration of Joint Venture company to be brought out in stages.
- Any other information the agency wishes to give for assessing the viability of the Project.